Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training gives you the skills you need to lead teams through breakthrough improvements and support strategic objectives in any function or department of any organization.
Unlike less rigorous courses, our Black Belt course prepares you to solve a wide variety of difficult problems across a wide spectrum of industries, including transactional, service, manufacturing and healthcare—drawing on both quantitative and qualitative methods from the complementary domains of Lean and Six Sigma.
Additionally, this course prepares Black Belts for their role as change agents in training and mentoring Green Belts and other resources, facilitating and leading projects, supporting broader performance excellence efforts and serving as internal consultants.
Another differentiating aspect of this course is the inclusion of creative-thinking modules that can be used within the structure of DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) to dislodge a team’s thinking when members are mired in their own assumptions and familiarity with their processes.
The duration of this course is spread out over a five-month time frame because the scope and depth of learning is extensive. Expert instructors lead lectures, group exercises, process and tool simulations, and individual exercises to transfer knowledge and challenge students to extract the most value from the experience. Participants also gain significant skills in graphical and statistical analysis using Minitab software.
Between classroom sessions, candidates work on their assignments and workplace improvement project. Each candidate has a designated Lean Methods Group Master Black Belt program manager who provides mentoring and support.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply such Lean concepts as 5S, waste reduction, process mapping, value stream mapping and mistake proofing.
- Define, scope and execute DMAIC projects.
- Apply the DMAIC methodology to business issues and transition projects from phase to phase.
- Apply basic and more advanced statistical analyses to determine the relationship between key inputs and process outputs.
- Effectively manage team dynamics and understand how to work with multiple levels of leadership to remove barriers and achieve project success.
- Close projects and hand over control to process owners.
- Present projects to instructors, peers and managers.
- Complete all assignments
- Pass all exams
- Finish one workplace improvement project
Lean Methods Group clients span nearly every industry. While our team boasts vast experience, our philosophy dictates that we not lay claim to any particular industry specialization. Instead, our approach is to bring highly structured and collaborative methods that combine with your team’s industry-specific knowledge and experience to produce truly remarkable results. Visit www.leanmethods.com to collaborate today.